A little ahead of schedual, here is Verdande, number 7 of #52weeksofhexies. Bymami crochets/designs a new hexie each week and the plan is to crochet them all together into a blanket in the end. The blanket will be named ‘Valkyrie’. Read more about the project and find the pattern for the first hexie here and see all the hexies here.
Important to know about the hexies: Some hexagons end with a stitch count of 60, while others end with 66 stitches. The uneven number of stitches will be aligned when the blanket is assembled in the end. Also, because of time pressure, the patterns have not been tested, so if you discover any mistakes, please let me know so I can fix it!
YOU WILL NEED
A 5 mm crochet hook
A darning needle for fastening ends
st / stitch
ch / chain
sl st / slip stitch
hdc / half double crochet
sp / space
beg / begin
rep / repeat
3lp / third loop or spine
Spine, or the 3rd loop, is located on the backside of the work, right below the blp (back loop) of a stitch. Crochet as usual, using only this loop.
HOW ITS MADE
The pattern states where to begin each round, not how to begin it. All rounds are closed invisibly or using a slip stitch to the 1st stItch. The 1st stitch is replaced by ch1=1sc, ch2=1dc etc.
- In a magic ring, put *2 hdc, ch1 (corner]*. Rep a total of 6x (12 hdc, 6 ch sp) All following rounds are crocheted solely using the spine, except for the corner stitches.
- In each hdc put *1 hdc in 3lp, in the corner ch put [1 hdc, ch1, 1 hdc]*. Rep a total of 6x (24 hdc, 6 ch sp)
- In each hdc put *1 hdc in 3lp, in the corner ch put [1 hdc, ch1, 1 hdc]*. Rep a total of 6x (36 hdc, 6 ch sp)
- In each hdc put *1 hdc in 3lp, in the corner ch put [1 hdc, ch1, 1 hdc]*. Rep a total of 6x (48 hdc, 6 ch sp)
- In each hdc put *1 hdc in 3lp, in the corner ch put [1 hdc, ch1, 1 hdc]*. Rep a total of 6x (60 hdc, 6 ch sp)
- To keep the sizing and finish with a sturdy edge, sl st in each st (66)
Let me see your Bymami makes
Post photos of your Bymami makes from this pattern in a comment below, share it on Bymamis facebook or in your Instagram feed and tag it #verdandehexie, #valkyrieblanket and #52weeksofhexies. Make sure you tag @bymamidk on the photo or in your caption too if you want to make sure I see it!