Var, the Wise and punisher of broken oaths is number 6 of #52weeksofhexies. Bymami crochets/designs a new hexie each week and the plan is to crochet them all together into a blanket in the end. The blanket will be named ‘Valkyrie’. Read more about the project and find the pattern for the first hexie here and see all the hexies here.
Important to know about the hexies: Some hexagons end with a stitch count of 60, while others end with 66 stitches. The uneven number of stitches will be aligned when the blanket is assembled in the end. Also, because of time pressure, the patterns have not been tested, so if you discover any mistakes, please let me know so I can fix it!
YOU WILL NEED
A 5 mm crochet hook
A darning needle for fastening ends
st / stitch
ch / chain
sc / single crochet
dc / double crochet
fp / front post (stitch)
tog / together
SK / skip
sp / space
beg / begin
rep / repeat
Front Post Stitches are made by inserting the hook horisontally under the stitch post, from front to back (between stitches) and then from back to front again, YO and finish the stitch as per usual.
HOW ITS MADE
The pattern states where to begin each round, not how to begin it. All rounds are closed invisibly or using a slip stitch to the 1st stItch. The 1st stitch is replaced by ch1=1sc, ch2=1dc etc.
- In a magic ring, put 12 dc (12)
- Beg in any st: *1 sc, ch3, SK1*. Repeat 6x total (6 sc, 6 ch3 sp)
- Beg in a ch3 sp: *5 dc, SK sc*, rep 5x more (30)
- Begin the 1st of 5 dc: *2 sc, ch2, SK1, 2 sc, 1 fpdc around sc*. Repeat 5x more (42)
- Beg in a fpdc: *[dc2tog, ch1, dc2tog (corner st) ch1, dc2tog], in ch2 sp put [dc2tog, ch1, dc2tog]*. Rep 5x more (48)
- Beg in the first ch sp in a group of 3 dc2tog: *2 sc in ch sp, ch1, 2 sc in next ch sp. 2 sc (between 2 dc2tog), 2 sc in ch sp, 2 sc between 2 dc2tog*, rep 6x total (66)
Let me see your Bymami makes
I absolutely LOVE to see the things created from my patterns, it makes me very, very happy knowing that the patterns I spend a lot of time writing are being used!
Post photos of your Bymami makes from this pattern in a comment below, share it on Bymamis facebook or in your Instagram feed and tag it #varhexie, #valkyrieblanket and #52weeksofhexies. Make sure you tag @bymamidk on the photo or in your caption too if you want to make sure I see it!