Runa is number 8 of #52weeksofhexies. Bymami crochets/designs a new hexie each week and the plan is to crochet them all together into a blanket in the end. The blanket will be named ‘Valkyrie’. Read more about the project and find the pattern for the first hexie here and see all the hexies here.
Important to know about the hexies: Some hexagons end with a stitch count of 60, while others end with 66 stitches. The uneven number of stitches will be aligned when the blanket is assembled in the end. Also, because of time pressure, the patterns have not been tested, so if you discover any mistakes, please let me know so I can fix it!Hexie #8 Runa
Crocheted in Drops Lima in colors Purple (4434), Goldenrod (2923) and Dark purple (4377), from Hobbygarn. One finished hexie uses app.10g of yarn.
YOU WILL NEED
A 5 mm crochet hook
A darning needle for fastening ends
st / stitch
ch / chain
sl st / slip stitch
dc / double crochet
bob / bobble stitch
tog / together
sp / space
beg / begin
rep / repeat
YO / yarn over
Bobble stitch is made by crocheting dc4tog in the same stitch like so: *YO, insert hook in stitch, YO and pull loop through stitch, YO and pull through two loops on hook*. Repeat a total of 4x. There should be 5 loops on your hook. YO and pull through remaining loops on hook.
HOW ITS MADE
The pattern states where to begin each round, not how to begin it. All rounds are closed invisibly or using a slip stitch to the 1st stItch. The 1st stitch is replaced by ch1=1sc, ch2=1dc etc.
NB! Runa is asymmetrical in the center and slightly differs from the previous hexies.
- In a magic ring, put *1 sc, ch2, 1 dc, ch2, 2 sc*. Repeat a total of 3x (3 ‘petals’, 3 sc)
- Beg in a sc between two petals: *[1 dc, ch2, 1 dc] in same st, ch1, 1 sc in dc, ch1*. Rep a total of 3x (18)
- Beg in the first of two ch1: *3 dc, ch1, 3 dc in next ch, in ch2-ch put [2 dc, ch1, 2 dc]*. Rep a total of 3x (36)
- Beg in a dc after a ch: *5 sc, bob in ch1*. Rep a total of 6x (36)
- Beg in the 2nd sc after a bobble st: *4 dc, ch1, in bob put [dc3tog, ch2, dc3tog], ch1, SK st directly after bob*. Rep a total of 6x (60)
- Finish this hexie with a round of sc, one in each st, in ch2 in corners put [1 sc, ch1, 1 sc] (66)
Let me see your Bymami makes
I absolutely LOVE to see the things created from my patterns, it makes me very, very happy knowing that the patterns I spend a lot of time writing are being used!
Post photos of your Bymami makes from this pattern in a comment below, share it on Bymamis facebook or in your Instagram feed and tag it #runahexie, #valkyrieblanket and #52weeksofhexies. Make sure you tag @bymamidk on the photo or in your caption too if you want to make sure I see it!