This weeks hexie is Hildur, number 2 of #52weeksofhexies. Bymami crochets/designs a new hexie each week and crochet them all together into a blanket in the end. The blanket will be named ‘Valkyrie’. Read more about the project and find the pattern for the first hexie here and see all the hexies here.
Important to know about the hexies: Some hexagons end with a stitch count of 60, while others end with 66 stitches. The uneven number of stitches will be aligned when the blanket is assembled in the end. Because of time pressure, the patterns have not been tested, so if you discover any mistakes, please let me know so I can fix it!
YOU WILL NEED
A 5 mm crochet hook
A darning needle for fastening ends
st / stitch
ch / chain
sc / single crochet
hdc / half double crochet
dc / double crochet
tog / together
SK / skip
sp / space
beg / begin
rep / repeat
Puffstitch *YO, insert hook in stitch, YO and pull through, make sure to pull up the loop to the height of a dc*. Repeat 3x total, YO and pull yarn through all loops on hook. Ch1 and pull this chain tight to close the puffstitch. This ch1 does not count in the stitch total.
HOW ITS MADE
The pattern states where to begin each round, not how to begin it. All rounds are closed invisibly or using a slip stitch to the 1st stItch. The 1st stitch is replaced by ch1=1sc, ch2=1dc etc.
- In a magic ring, put 12 sc (12)
- *1 puffstitch, ch2 , SK1*. Repeat 6x total (18)
- In each chain sp crochet *1 sc, 2 dc in the leftover stitch from rnd 1, 1 sc* (24)
- Beg between 2 dc: *[dc2tog, ch2, dc2tog] (corner made), dc2tog between 2 sc (directly above puffstitch)*, rep 6x total (30)
- Beg in a corner ch: In the ch sp crochet *[2 sc, ch1, 2 sc], 2 sc in sp between each dc2tog 2x*, rep 5x (54)
- Beg in a corner: *2 sc in ch sp, SK2, 1 hdc between 2 sc (in sp after 2 scs located together, directly above a dc2tog located in the middle), SK2, 5 dc (in space between 2 sc) Note! These 5 dc relocate the corner, the 3rd dc is the new corner! SK 2 sc, 1 hdc between 2 sc (in sp after 2 scs located together, directly above a dc2tog). Repeat 5x more (54)
- 1 sc in each st, in the corner (3rd dc) put 2 sc (66)
Let me see your Bymami makes
Post photos of your Bymami makes from this pattern in a comment below, share it on Bymamis facebook or in your Instagram feed and tag it #hildurhexie, #valkyrieblanket and #52weeksofhexies. Make sure you tag @bymamidk on the photo or in your caption too if you want to make sure I see it!