Audhumbla is the 10th hexie of #52weeksofhexies. Bymami crochets/designs a new hexie each week and the plan is to crochet them all together into a blanket in the end. The blanket will be named ‘Valkyrie’. Read more about the project and find the pattern for the first hexie here and see all the hexies here.
Important to know about the hexies: Some hexagons end with a stitch count of 60, while others end with 66 stitches. The uneven number of stitches will be aligned when the blanket is assembled in the end. Also, because of time pressure, the patterns have not been tested, so if you discover any mistakes, please let me know so I can fix it!
Hexie #10 Audhumbla
Crocheted in Drops Lima in colors Light brown (5310), Brown (5610), Goldenrod (2923), Ruby red (5820) and Dark purple (4377), from Hobbygarn. One finished hexie uses app.10g of yarn.
YOU WILL NEED
A 5 mm crochet hook
A darning needle for fastening ends
st / stitch
ch / chain
sc / single crochet
hdc / half double crochet
dc / double crochet
tog / together
sp / space
beg / begin
rep / repeat
SK / skip
HOW ITS MADE
The pattern states where to begin each round, not how to begin it. All rounds are closed invisibly or using a slip stitch to the 1st stItch. The 1st stitch is replaced by ch1=1sc, ch2=1dc etc.
- In a magic ring, put 12 dc (12) Do not break yarn, continue with
- *1 sc, [1 sc, ch2, 1 sc] in next st*. rep 6x total (18 sc, 6 ch2)
- Beg in a single sc and crochet a fan: *[(1 dc, ch1) 3x, 1 dc] in chain sp, 1 sc in ch2 sp*, rep 6x total (6 fans, 6 sc)
- Beg in a sc, crochet *[dc2tog, ch2, dc2tog] into the same st, ch1, 1 sc in ch2 sp, ch1*. repeat 6x total (42)
- Beg in ch2 sp: *[dc2tog, ch2, dc2tog] into same ch sp, SK1, in ch1 sp put 3 hdc, SK sc, 3 hdc in next ch sp*. Repeat a total of 6x (60)
- In each st put 1 sc, in ch2 sp of the corners put [1 sc, ch1, 1 sc (66)
Let me see your Bymami makes
I absolutely LOVE to see the things created from my patterns, it makes me very, very happy knowing that the patterns I spend a lot of time writing are being used!
Post photos of your Bymami makes from this pattern in a comment below, share it on Bymamis facebook or in your Instagram feed and tag it #audhumblahexie, #valkyrieblanket and #52weeksofhexies. Make sure you tag @bymamidk on the photo or in your caption too if you want to make sure I see it!